Dr. Diane Walker, Clinical/Geriatric Psychologist and administrator of Palm Bay's A Place Like Home Assisted Living Facility, had a vision when she opened our doors. It was plain and it was simple:
“When you offer genuine love, people blossom”
In keeping with this philosophy our slogan was born:
“All Who Enter Will Be Loved”
We live and operate by these words daily. With this attitude, caring for our residents becomes a treat instead of a “job”. Safety is a given. We are big on eye-contact, respectful touch (ie. face caress, shoulder rub and pats on back), and on validating feelings. What our residents think and what our residents feel matters to us. Our mission is to help each and every person feel important each and every day.
Keys to Our Success:
Excellence- where all decisions put the resident’s well-being first.
Administrator Vigilence- Dr. Walker is "on-call" and completely approachable.
Top Shelf Ancillary Services- when needed. For examples, home health agencies, hospice, therapists, nursing…
Handpicked and Well-trained Staff- that uphold our high standards and philosophies.
“Only those with love in their hearts, credentials in their briefcases,
and respect for all will ever be considered.”
Our Services (Include but are not limited to):
- Charming Residential Living.
- Abundant attention from loving staff, 24/7 inherent in our cozy six bed home.
- A safe and friendly environment.
- Gentle assistance with personal care and activities of daily living (ADLs) such as:
- 3 delicious, home cooked meals served family style in our informally elegant dining room.
- Wholesome snacks, fruit, and juices offered throughout the day.
- Socially stimulating atmosphere from staff, visitor, family and resident interactions.
- Holidays and birthdays are always joyfully celebrated.
- Pets and children welcomed and encouraged.
- All rooms are internet and cable ready.
- Wellness and physical care from our visiting house physician.
- Daily housekeeping.
- Frequent laundry and linen services, as needed.
At A Place Like Home, we believe that activities keep the mind, body, and spirit young. We also believe in respecting individual interests. Being a Residential care facility, we can easily tailor our activities toward each resident. As people come and go over time, our focus also changes. In general we offer:
- Monthly outings (examples: movie theater, restaurants, big band dance, visit to the park, feeding the birds, or drop-ins to the Administrator’s home.
- Arts and Crafts, Puzzles, Board games.
- Reminiscing, walking, cooking, gardening.
- Feelings group and current event talks.
Specifically, we offer whatever our residents want. Thelma likes to play her interesting and “creative” version of rummy (where the rules change every time) … so we play that. James, a former waiter, enjoys going to a fancy restaurant with linen table clothes … we go there. Cora loves for someone to lay beside her while she watches TV, because it helps her feel a tender connection … we do that. Priscilla likes to dance … we dance. Margaret enjoys talking about metaphysics … we talk. And so on. Because of their individuality, each person has much to add to the overall richness and dynamics of our humble home.
A Place Like Home
1971 Port Malabar Blvd., NE
Palm Bay, Florida 32905
Phone: (321) 693-3325